Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ashlynn Is finally here!!!


Ashlynn was born on tues. July 14, 2009 and weighted 7.88 lbs and was 20 1/4 in. long. The whole labor process was actually easier than i thought it would be! I had contractions all day monday, but they didn't seem all that strong to me so I didn't really pay attention to them. By 8:30am on tuesday, they were 5 to 6 min. apart and consistant. I called my doctor and he said I most likely was no in labor, but to come in so that they can check to make sure. I took my time taking a shower and finishing packing my bag. We got to the hospital at 10:30 am and found out that I was dialated to 4 1/2! I was kinda surprised! An hour later I was at a 6 and they wanted to break my water. I thought about doing it all naturally since I was handling everything better than I had thought I would, but I got talked into an epidural. We had to want for the epidural before they could break my water. It took about 45 min for the lady to come up and do it, but by then there was an emergency c-section for another patient that all of the doctors were seeing to. I had to wait 2 hrs. Once they finally brook my water, labor proceed really fast. It took about and hour or hour 1/2 before I was ready to push. Her head wasn't down that far, so they thought I might be pushing for awile, but I wasn't having any of that! I ended up giving it all i had and only had to push for about 30 min.! She was born at 5:51 on July 14 and was more beautiful than we expected! We have throughly enjoyed her!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I feel so special that I'm the 1st to comment! LOL!
    Congrats! Ashlynn is so Cute and I am just so Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so precious! I am so excited to see you all! Talmage thinks she's a hottie! The pic of Mason with her is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAAAAY Mindy!!! She is adorable!!!! Post more pictures of that little mamma.

    Congrats again to you guys, we are SO happy for you!! (can you tell by my insane use of exclamation points)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I hope that my delivery goes that great!! She is so cute!! I'm so excited for you guys!! I've always loved the name Ashlynn and she looks like an Ashlynn!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you guys. I love that I am out here and get to see her in person. She is photogenic, but these pictures still don't do this cute little girl justice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad we got to meet her! She's so cute! See you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mindy!! SHe is gorgeous! Congrats! Cant wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete